At Aranda we believe that
- homework provides students with the opportunity to explore school related activities at home, with the support of parents and caregivers
- regular homework provides students with the opportunity to learn to manage time, to use resources additional to those available at school
and over time, to start to take responsibility for their own learning.
Homework activities should
- reinforce, interest, challenge and encourage students to be involved and to be successful
- foster good study habits through diverse tasks such as reading; problem solving and analysis; creative and practical work; written and oral presentation
- be appropriate to the age and grade of students, sufficiently open-ended to take into account of abilities that are represented in the class
- complement class learning and therefore should not include new core curriculum tasks.