A school where the whole community is committed to music
INCLUSIVENESS: At Aranda Primary School we value a differentiated curriculum that meets the needs of all students. Our Arts program provides a wide and diverse range of musical experiences and appreciation across all year levels, including -
- singing with a specialist music teacher - K to 6
- choir - Years 3 to 6
- woodwind band for Years 5 and 6 through the Instrumental Music Program (IMP) 2 lessons per week, The bands also participate in combined practices with other school bands throughout the year.
- performances of individual and group musical achievements at whole school assemblies
- visiting performances (e.g. Musica Viva, Music is Fun)
- class singing and music appreciation
- Aranda Music Program (AMP) - run by the AMP subcommittee of the P&C, this program provides after school tuition in guitar, recorder, drums, singing, flute, keyboard and piano, as well as group programs in art, drama, music and singing.
All programs (except IMP and AMP and choir) are accessed by all students, as we believe music education is vital for all students. IMPACT: The impact of all combined musical programs offered at Aranda is demonstrated each time an individual, small group or large ensemble perform. It demonstrates their confidence, skill and persistence, assisting in overall student engagement. Students receive wonderful acknowledgement from peers, parents and staff in the audience. We believe their music development is creating more engaged and motivated students. Diverse programs teach discreet musical skills, concepts and styles. They develop students who use music as a means to communicate.
We believe that Aranda Primary School’s Music program is inclusive and diverse.